Gavin was born on Wednesday, Jan. 20th at 7:50pm, weighing 8 lbs., 1 oz. and measuring 21 inches long.
Jen and Gavin enjoy 'Mommy-Son bonding time' right after the C-Section. We were absolutely ecstatic he was finally here and immediately in so much love!
Aunt Jessie and Uncle Ken got to meet the little guy while he was sleeping the next day during visiting hours
Gavin also got to spend time with both sets of grandparents. He was so excited to meet...
Mimi and Popi
...and Grandma and Grandpa!
Our first family photo! We were all a bit tired from the previous two days, but SO HAPPY!
Jen and Gavin enjoyed 'skin on skin' time and were both in absolute heaven...the little guy was pretty tired from his adventurous transition to the outside world.
We felt so badly to wake him from his slumber to feed him....
Family photo op - we're ready to head home from the hospital! It was exciting, but also scary as we knew we were about to be on our own!
Look at the little guy in his giant hat looking up at Doug - "...So where did you say we were going, Daddy?"
"One more quick nap before we leave the hospital!" Doesn't he look deep in thought?
Made it home safe and sound and little Gavin tried out his "Newborn Napper" in his Pack 'n Play. "Thanks Grandma and Grandpa - this is nice and cozy!" And I love my comfy "coming home outfit" Mimi and Popi!
We had multiple wardrobe changes as we tried to figure out what was comfortable, and kept up with his diaper changes..
Look at his giant mittens. He kept them on about .2 seconds!
Awwww...such peaceful slumber
"I don't want to eat, I want to sleep more!"
Little Gavin is a man of many cute faces...
"I think I'm kinda diggin' this new place. Oh yeah..."
Gotta love "Milk Drunk!" Someone take that little guy's keys away - he is in no condition to drive!
Awww...Daddy and Gavin have enjoying some bonding time in the wee hours of the morning...
Gavin's first time in the swing. He was very curious! "Thanks Uncle Mike and Aunt Rachael - this is fun!"
Gavin discusses his thoughts on health care reform...
And soon bored himself to sleep...
Blissful nap in the sunshine on Mommy!
"Look how big and strong I am getting! I got Mommy and Daddy through my first week.
It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!"

Welcome to the blogging world :-) Gavin is certainly a cutie, and we can't wait to meet him. Hope he enjoys his first big snow!
ReplyDeleteRock me to sleep! Love it!
ReplyDeleteGavin is beautiful and so expressive already!!